Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionBorn to a plebeian family in 63 BC, Augustus went on to become the heir to Julius Caesar and the founder of the Roman Empire. In this monumental biography, translated into English for the first time by Anthea Bell, Jochen Bleicken tells the story of a man who found himself a demi-god in his own lifetime, and draws from it a comprehensive portrait of one of the most dramatic periods of Roman history. It is a tale of world-shaking proportions, told with a dazzling eye for detail.
- Author BiographyJochen Bleicken was born in 1926 on the island of Sylt in Germany. He studied History and Classical Philology at the universities of Kiel and Frankfurt from 1948 to 1954 before going on to work as a Professor of History at Hamburg, Frankfurt and Gottingen. In 1978, he was made a member of the Gottingen Academy of Sciences. He retired in 1991, but continued to give lectures for years thereafter, finally stopping in 1999. He died in 2005.
- Author(s)Jochen Bleicken
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Out-of-print date29/04/2016
- Weight1288 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Translated byAnthea Bell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.