All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionPublished for the first time, here are three holiday tales by the author of Mary Poppins--a gift for all ages. P.L. Travers wrote with a signature blend of sugar and spice; her characters, including Mary Poppins, are endearing, outsized, and cozy. Her talent for capturing the perspective of children shines through Aunt Sass Christmas Stories. Each of the stories in this book was written as a holiday gift, sent to her friends and family and never published. Now her millions of readers and generations of filmgoers will recognize how she used her life story to inform her fiction. Whether it is Aunt Sass herself--who Travers admits is partly her inspiration for Poppins--or the Chinese cook whose heathen ways show the narrator the path to salvation, or the crass ex-jockey whose life work is t at all what it appears, the characters are unforgettable.
- Author BiographyBorn Helen Lyndon Goff, the late P.L. Travers was an Australian-British novelist, actress and journalist who is best known for penning the Mary Poppins novels.
- Author(s)P L Travers
- PublisherHachette Books
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHachette Books
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.