All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe compelling and harrowing true story of Ron Jones, a 96 year old Welshman who endured and survived the horrors of Auschwitz concentration camp during the Second World War.
- Author BiographyRon Jones is 96 years old and from Bassaleg, Newport. He was in a reserved occupation, as an engineer, at the start of the war, but was called up to join the Army due to an administrative error. Captured by the Germans in north Africa, he was a POW in Italy before ending up in Auschwitz. Joe Lovejoy has lived in Wales on and off for 25 years and has been a journalist for over 40 years, the last 30 with national newspapers in England. For 15 years, until 2009, he was the chief football writer for the Sunday Times and before that he was in the same position at The Independent. He is now semi-retired, but continues to freelance, mainly for The Guardian. He has had four books published, namely Bestie [the authorized biography of George Best], Sven [the biography of Sven-Goran Eriksson], Giggs [an autobiography he ghosted for Ryan Giggs], and most recently Glory, Goals and Greed [the history of the Premier League].
- Author(s)Joe Lovejoy,Ron Jones
- PublisherGomer Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLlandysul
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGomer Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight671 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.