All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Australia's leading thinkers draws on a lifetime of research, analysis and commonsense in his blueprint for making a better Australia. Hugh Stretton argues that it is possible to contrive full and fairly shared employment for everyone, to enable most households to own or rent adequate household space and obtain the capital they need to do the things they want to do. He argues that we can continue women's progress to genuine equality at home and at work and reconcile it with parenting that elicits the best from and for our children. He shows that we can determine how best to transfer income to n-earning years. Finally, the book shows that we can fairly share the use of natural resources. Ambitious but practical, the book sets out a plan for achieving these goals.
- Author BiographyHugh Stretton is one of Australia's leading intellectuals who has made a profound impact on Australian society and politics across many decades. He is the author of Ideas for Australian Cities (1970, reprinted numerous times); Capitalism, Socialism and the Environment (1976); Political Essays (1987); Public Goods, Public Enterprise, Public Choice (with Lionel Orchard, 1994) and Economics: A new introduction (2000).
- Author(s)Hugh Stretton
- PublisherUNSW Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUNSW Press
- Weight460 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.