All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the classic works of Australian literature? And what can they tell us about ourselves and the land we live in? Providing a selected overview of Australia's greatest literature, Australian Classics is an accessible companion to our literature and a story of writing in Australia from the 19th century to the present. It celebrates many of the country's beloved vels, poems, short stories, children's books and seminal works of n-fiction. It also contains contributions on their favourite Australian books from many distinguished writers and readers, including Helen Garner, Les Murray and Tim Winton. Australian Classics is an impassioned and inspiring feast of the great writing that makes exalted readers of us all and a testament to the wide-ranging and remarkable literature of this continent.
- Author BiographyJane Gleeson-White is the author of Double Entry: How the merchants of Venice shaped the modern world - and how their invention could make or break the planet (2011), which won the 2012 Waverly Library Award for Literature and was shortlisted for the 2013 NSW Premier's Literary Awards, The Age Book of the Year Award and the Queensland Literary Awards. She is also the author of Australian Classics (2007) and Classics (2005). Jane is a PhD student in creative writing at the University of New South Wales and has degrees in economics and literature from the University of Sydney and was an intern at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice. She blogs at bookishgirl.com.au.
- Author(s)Jane Gleeson-White
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight332 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.