All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of The Shortest History of Europe, acclaimed historian John Hirst, comes this fresh and stimulating approach to understanding Australia's past and present. Hirst asks and answers questions that get to the heart of Australia's history: Why did Aborigines t take up farming? How did a penal colony change peacefully into a democratic society? Why was Australia so prosperous so early? Why did the colonies federate? What effect did convict origins have on national character? Why was the postwar migration programme such a success? Why is Australia t a republic? Engaging and enjoyable, and written for the vice and the expert alike, Australian History in Seven Questions explains how we became the nation we are today.
- Author BiographyJohn Hirst has written many books on history, including Convict Society and Its Enemies, The Strange Birth of Colonial Democracy, The Sentimental Nation, Sense and Nonsense in Australian History and The Shortest History of Europe.
- Author(s)John Hirst
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.