All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Australian Maritime Law by Michael White follows on from the first and the second editions of which he was the editor and wrote some of the chapters. In those earlier editions many eminent Australian maritime lawyers contributed chapters from their own point of view but in this new edition the author has tried to bring a consistency of treatment of the topics which flows from the one author writing the entire work. There are 17 Chapters and they start with Australian Admiralty Jurisdiction and Constitutional Law and work through the Arrest of Ships and the Admiralty Act 1988, Charter Parties, Carriage of Goods, Carriage of Passengers and Marine Insurance and General Average. The chapters then move on to cover Registration of Ships and Securities, Navigation and Ship Safety laws, Maritime Labour Law before then covering the 'wet side' of shipping. These chapters cover the topics of Collisions, Marine Inquiries, Salvage and Wreck, Underwater Cultural Heritage, Towage and Pilotage. The last chapters deal with the Australian international conventions and legislation covering Limitation of Liability, Marine Pollution, Criminal Jurisdiction and ends with the law of Prize and a recommendation that Australia needs to have suitable laws and courts for detaining the ships, cargo and crews in time of conflict.
- Author BiographyMichael White specialises in maritime law and law of the sea, including in marine pollution from ships. After a first career in the Australian Navy in various ships and submarines he obtained degrees in law and commerce. He then practised as a Barrister for many years, becoming a QC in 1988, later becoming a full time academic at the University of Queensland. He was the Executor Director of the Centre for Marine Law and later the Marine and Shipping Law Unit in the TC Beirne School of Law. His PhD was on marine pollution from ships and he has written widely on issues in maritime law and in history. He is presently an Adjunct Professor at the UQ in both the Marine and Shipping Law Unit, T.C. Beirne School of Law, and also in the Global Change Institute. Titles by Michael White: * Australian Maritime Law - Forthcoming Release * Australasian Marine Pollution Laws * Australian Offshore Laws
- Author(s)Michael White
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight1440 g
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.