All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays and translations reflects the Viennese-born author-translator's Austrian-Jewish heritage as well as representing his broad involvement as a cultural mediator between his native and adopted countries. The essays - on Herzl, Zweig, Kraus, Kafka, Werfel, Waldinger, Csokor, Trakl, and the winegarden songs of Vienna - highlight the great Jewish contribution to Austrian culture, and they are supplemented and illuminated by the short prose of Zweig, Herzl, Beer-Hofmann, Polgar, Buber, and others.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Harry Zohn, a Harvard Ph.D., is Professor of German at Brandeis University, where he has taught since 1951. The author, editor, or translator of forty volumes, he has also contributed to numerous journals, collections, and reference works. For his activities as a cultural mediator, he has been decorated by the Federal Republic of Germany, the Republic of Austria, and the City of Vienna. Professor Zohn is a Trustee of Suffolk University and the General Editor of Peter Lang's Austrian Culture series.
- Author(s)Harry Zohn
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleAustrian Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.