Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhen we first invited the group of distinguished scholars represented here to contribute to a new volume on Austrian ecomics, four themes were stressed: tensions, new directions, selectivity, and criticism. In this brief introduction we will explain why those themes were emphasized and thereby shed light on our intentions and aspirations for the volume. The subtitle Tensions and New Directions indicates clearly the intent of the volume desired. If we take the 1871 publication of Carl Menger's Principles of Ecomics (Grundsiitze der Volkswirthschaftslehre) as mark- ing its birth, the Austrian tradition is w well over one hundred years old. The origins of the so-called Austrian Revival are more difficult to pinpoint precisely, but many would accept two decades as a reasonable estimate of its lifespan. In any case, since the mid-1970s several collections of articles written by Austrians have been published. The intent of these collections appeared to be to educate, persuade, and inspire various audiences. Uninformed readers needed to be told about the specifics of the Austrian position, to be shown how it differed from and improved upon its rivals. The initiated needed to be reassured that their commitment to a vel program was justified. As such, much of the recent Austrian literature has consisted either of exegetical accounts of the views of past figures, or of critical assessments of the positions of alternative research programs in ecomics from an Austrian perspective.
- Author BiographyRudolf Boehm (Berlin 1927) schrieb u.a. Das Grundlegende und dasWesentliche (1965, auch auf franzosisch), eine Kritik derGrundlagen des Zeitalters (1974, auch auf niederlandisch und auf franzosisch) und eine Tragik (2001).
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/1993
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRecent Economic Thought
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 30
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1330 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBruce J. Caldwell,Stephan Boehm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.