All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA great primer...If you're new to the natural/organic/biodynamic wine debates, Authentic Wine is the place to start . ( Huffington Post ). This is one of the most engaging, thoughtful and enlightening books on contemporary wine...A manifesto for an industry looking to shape its future . ( Wine And Spirits ). Naturalness is a hot topic in the wine world. But what exactly is a natural wine ? For this pioneering book, best-selling wine writer Jamie Goode teams up with winemaker and Master of Wine Sam Harrop to explore the wide range of issues surrounding authenticity in wine. They begin by emphasizing that wine's diversity, one of its strengths, is currently under threat from increasingly homogenized commercial wines that lack a sense of place. Drawing on a global array of examples and anecdotes, Goode and Harrop examine complex concepts - terroir, biodynamics, and sustainability - in clear language. They also discuss topics including cultured and wild yeasts, wine faults, the carbon footprint of the wine industry, natural as a marketing concept, and more. Authentic Wine illuminates a subject of great interest to wine producers, consumers, and anyone wondering where the wine industry is headed.
- Author BiographyJamie Goode, a former scientific editor, is wine writer for the Sunday Express and a contributor to magazines including The World of Fine Wine and Wines & Vines. His website, www.wineanorak.com, is one of the world's most visited wine sites. His first book, The Science of Wine: From Vine to Glass (UC Press) won the Glenfiddich Drink Book of the Year Award. Sam Harrop is a Master of Wine, qualified winemaker, and independent winemaking consultant. He co-founded Domaine Matassa and Litmus Wines, and is a co-chairman of the International Wine Challenge.
- Author(s)Jamie Goode,Sam Harrop
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note55 b/w photographs, 3 line illustrations, 5 tables
- Weight472 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.