All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsumers today are invested in reality-based media, such as reality television and social media, which in theory draw content from somewhere off-screen in our lived experience. This is perceived as more authentic than the predominantly fictional media of the latter half of the 20th century. Yet much of reality TV and social media is kwn by both consumers and creators of content to be scripted or contrived. Addressing this problem deepens consumer engagement, as authenticity becomes a preoccupation driving the extension of a new media ethic of truth and savvy. This dynamic is key to understanding consumer's changing attitudes about the media they value. Reality TV, Facebook and YouTube have created a paradigm shift in the media landscape. Analyzing these three established platforms-all of which have a stake in the conversation about authenticity-this book sheds light on the complicated behaviors and choices of media consumers.
- Author BiographyAaron Duplantier's work has seen publication in numerous peer-reviewed outlets, including Louisiana Folklore Miscellany, Ethos and the Quint. He lives in Covington, Louisiana, USA.
- Author(s)Aaron Duplantier
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.