Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe current focus on the theme of authorship in Medieval and Early Modern studies reopens questions of poetic agency and intent. Bringing into conversation several kinds of scholarship on medieval authorship, the essays in Author, Reader, Book examine interrelated questions raised by the relationship between an author and a reader, the relationships between authors and their antecedents, and the ways in which authorship interacts with the physical presentation of texts in books. The broad chrological range within this volume reveals the persistence of literary concerns that remain consistent through different periods, languages, and cultural contexts. Theoretical reflections, case studies from a wide variety of languages, examinations of devotional literature from figures such as Bishop Reginald Pecock, and analyses of works that are more secular in focus, including some by Chaucer and Christine de Pizan, come together in this volume to transcend linguistic and disciplinary boundaries.
- Author BiographyStephen Partridge is an assistant professor in the Department of English at the University of British Columbia. Erik Kwakkel is a lecturer in the Institute for Cultural Disciplines at Leiden University.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note8, 8 figures
- Weight620 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byErik Kwakkel,Stephen Partridge
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.