All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a history of Europe unlike any other: a theory-informed history of its language use. The 'rise' and 'fall' of languages are recounted, along with an analysis of why periods of linguistic diversity are followed by hegemony. How did the sociolinguistic past differ from the sociolinguistic present?
- Author BiographyROBERT McCOLL MILLAR is Senior Lecturer in Linguistics at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. His books include Language, Nation and Power and Northern and Insular Scots.
- Author(s)R. Millar
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/07/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight329 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.