All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutiPower! presents a series of candid interviews with adults on the autism spectrum that offers a unique insight into their work and life experiences. Through these inspiring accounts we hear of the many ways that people with autism have overcome challenges and used their autism traits for employment success. Despite his doctorate in Mathematics, Jaap struggled to keep many jobs before realizing that his intense attention to detail that was making him a slow worker became a strength once he learnt to set goals and communicate his progress. Wendy's autism is a big advantage as a special education teacher because she truly understands the children that she teaches. From software engineers, to company directors, to those who work in autism advocacy, the interviewees openly discuss the pitfalls and the positives of working life with autism. Also interviewed are autism professionals, career coaches and employers who discuss the value and great talents that people with autism bring to the workplace.
- Author BiographyHerman Jansen studied Biology at Wageningen University and Scientific Journalism at Radboud University Nijmegen in The Netherlands. In 2003 he founded Pepijn Publishing House through which he has written and published a number of books on autism and ADHD including Autisme in het nest (Autism in the Nest) and Succes met je ADHD (Good luck with your ADHD). He lives in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Betty Rombout began her career in 1986 as a group supervisor of mentally impaired individuals in a large institution. After four intensive years she changed course and began working in PR, marketing and project management. As writing and healthcare are her passions, in 2004 she decided to start her own business and her writing agency B-Write was born. Since then, Betty has been writing for various media in the healthcare sector. She lives in Mauron, France.
- Author(s)Betty Rombout,Herman Jansen
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/12/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight299 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.