All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionAutism, Discrimination and the Law outlines how the legal requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 might be met for students and employees with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs). * What might discrimination against people with autism look like? * What can you do to prevent discrimination against people with autism? * What should you do if you have been discriminated against? The book includes an overview of current kwledge of autism, and details of the changes in legislation concerning disability discrimination. The main part of the book is devoted to case studies from further education and employment demonstrating how reasonable adjustments can be made successfully. This accessible book will be an essential reference for employers, policy makers, Local Education Authorities, Learning and Skills Councils, Training providers, schools and colleges, personnel officers, careers officers, charities, residential homes, parents, indeed anyone working with people with autistic spectrum disorders.
- Author BiographyJames Graham worked for many years at a senior level for the UK's National Autistic Society. He then became Principal of The INTERACT Centre, a grade one further education college in London for people with Asperger's syndrome. He is now an independent consultant and has worked and provided training and consultation for careers services, regional Learning and Skills Councils, national charities, private care homes, Local Education Authorities, social services and further education colleges. He is also a regular speaker at national conferences.
- Author(s)James Graham
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight235 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.