Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging and informative book gives you the kwledge you need to understand students with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and the strategies you can use to help them succeed in school. Drawing on her 20 years experience working with students with ASDs, Barbara Boroson guides you through creating a responsive classroom attuned to the needs of your students with ASDs, and she shares preventive strategies that help head off challenging behavior before it becomes disruptive. She offers suggestions for breaking through to hard-to-reach kids, ideas for collaborating with families, and strategies for differentiating instruction to support every student. The end goal is a classroom in which all students feel valued and respected, in which all students can learn and grow.
- Author BiographyBarbara Boroson holds an undergraduate degree from Cornell and a masters degree in social work from Columbia University. She has worked in the field of autism spectrum education for almost twenty years in clinical, administrative, and advisory capacities. She is a guest lecturer at colleges of education and, as a consultant, helps districts integrate students on the spectrum into mainstream settings. Her writing has appeared in publications across the country. Barbara lives just outside of New York City with her husband and their two children.
- Author(s)Barbara Boroson
- PublisherScholastic Teaching Resources
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Teaching Resources
- Out-of-print date05/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width211 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.