All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the bestselling author of Disconnected Kids, a clear and compassionate explanation of the causes of the autism epidemic and a scientifically based approach for prevention and treatment. As he travels the country helping parents and children cope with neurological disorders, Dr. Robert Melillo is always asked one question: Why? Why are autism rates exploding? But an equally important question always follows: What can we do about it as a society and what can I do to help my child? In this candid, research-based, practical book, Dr. Melillo presents the latest scientific explanation for how we got here and proven, drug-free strategies that parents can employ to help prevent, detect, and address the autism epidemic for themselves and their families. With honesty and compassion, Dr. Melillo explains what the latest scientific research tells us about the role of genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors, dispelling myths and replacing them with the facts. In addition, he presents early warning signs, a prevention plan for parents-to-be, and an intervention program for babies and young children.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert Melillo, creator of Brain Balance Program, is an internationally known chiropractic neurologist, professor, researcher, and expert in childhood neurological disorders. Since 1994, his program has helped thousands of children. He lives in Rockville Centre, New York, with his wife and three children. He is also the author of Disconnected Kids and Reconnected Kids.
- Author(s)Dr Robert Melillo
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerigee Books,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.