Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders by Cambridge University Press (Paperback, 2007)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing contributions from leading authorities in the clinical and social sciences, this thoroughly revised and updated new edition reflects the most recent progress in the understanding of autism and related conditions, and offers an international perspective on the present state of the discipline. Chapters cover current approaches to definition and diagsis; prevalence and planning for service delivery; cognitive, genetic, and neurobiological features; and pathophysiological mechanisms. There is a new chapter covering communication issues. Interventions reviewed include the pharmacological, behavioral, and educational, and a thoughtful final chapter addresses the nature of the fundamental social disturbance that characterizes autism.
- Author BiographyFred Volkmar is the Irving B. Harris Professor Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology at the Child Study Center, Yale University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCambridge Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 11 tables
- Weight722 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byFred R. Volkmar
- Series Edited byIan M. Goodyer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.