All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone meeting a young child with autism for the first time will find this fully revised edition of a classic text invaluable. The authors provide parents and professionals with an insight into the nature and educational implications of autism, particularly in very young children. In a clear and sensitive style the authors: * outline the characteristics of autism as they present themselves in the early years; * consider the nature of autism and the issues surrounding assessment and diagsis; * offer practical strategies for effective and realistic intervention both at home and in a variety of early years settings; * suggest ways to promote learning, social development, communication and appropriate behaviour; * explore possibilities for enhancing access to the early years curriculum. This updated second edition includes new material relating to new statutory requirements such as Every Child Matters and Disability Equality Duty, as well as updates to different approaches to autism, assessment and behavioural issues. The authors outline the principal themes and objectives of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Inclusion Development Programme. Autism in the Early Years: A Practical Guide (Second Edition) provides accessible material, support and advice for parents, teachers and professionals who are working together in an unfamiliar area following early diagses of autism in young children.
- Author BiographyVal Cumine is a Regional Autism Tutor for Birmingham University, County Senior Educational Psychologist for Autism in Lancashire and an independent consultant and trainer specialising in autism. Julia Dunlop is an early years and autism specialist, and is currently Senior Educational Psychologist for Blackpool local authority. She serves as a member of the Steering Group of the Autism Education Trust. Gill Stevenson is a behaviour and autism specialist. She is currently Service Manager of the Service for Children with Complex Needs for Blackburn-with-Darwen local authority.
- Author(s)Gill Stevenson,Julia Dunlop,Julia Leach,Val Cumine
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleResource Materials for Teachers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.