Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionAuto/biographical narratives of the Americas are marked by the underlying themes of movement and belonging. This collection proposes that the impact of the historic or contemporary movement of peoples to, in, and from the Americas-whether chosen or forced-motivates the ways in which identities are constructed in this contested space. Such movement results in a cyclical quest to belong, and to understand belonging, that reverberates through narratives of the Americas. The volume brings together essays written from diverse national, cultural, linguistic, and disciplinary perspectives to trace these transnational motifs in life writing across the Americas. Drawing on international scholars from the seemingly disparate regions of the Americas-North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America-this book extends critical theories of life writing beyond limiting national boundaries. The scholarship included approaches narrative inquiry from the fields of literature, linguistics, history, art history, sociology, anthropology, political science, pedagogy, gender studies, critical race studies, and indigeus studies. As a whole, this volume advances discourse in auto/biography studies, life writing, and identity studies by locating transnational themes in narratives of the Americas and placing them in international and interdisciplinary conversations.
- Author BiographyRicia Anne Chansky is Associate Professor of Literature at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez. She is editor of the journal Auto/Biography Studies and co-editor of The Routledge Auto/Biography Studies Reader (Routledge, 2016).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white halftones
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRicia A. Chansky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.