All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a need within radio-frequency identification (RFID) and other smart techlogies to understand related practical implications. Auto-Identification and Ubiquitous Computing Applications: RFID and Smart Techlogies for Information Convergence reports on problems related to the primary use of RFID techlogies. This book provides a detailed overview of current literature, specifically in using RFID and smart techlogies for identification, and draws together several different fields of research across supply chain management, asset tracking, and vel use of RFID.
- Author BiographyJudith Symonds is a Senior Lecturer at AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand. Judith serves as the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Advanced Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (IJAPUC). Judith holds a PhD in Rural Systems Management from the University of Queensland (2005, Australia). Judith has published in international refereed journals, book chapters and conferences, including the Australian Journal of Information Systems and the Journal of Cases on Information Technology. She currently serves on editorial boards for the Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organisations and the International Journal of E-Business Research. Her current research interests include data management in pervasive and ubiquitous computing environments. John Ayoade obtained his Ph.D. degree in Information Systems under Japanese Government Scholarship from the Graduate School of Information Systems in the University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan. He has research and teaching experience from research institutes and universities around the globe. His research work focuses on IT emerging technologies (pervasive computing, RFID, computer network security and mobile communications). He has presented and published papers in many international conferences and journals in the USA, Japan, Canada, U.K, Australia, New Zealand and Korea. He is presently an Assistant Professor in the School of Information Technology and Communications, American University of Nigeria. David Parry is a Senior Lecturer in the Auckland University of Technology School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences New Zealand. His PhD thesis was concerned with the use of fuzzy ontologies for medical information retrieval. He holds degrees from Imperial College and St. Bartholomew's Medical College, London and the University of Otago, New Zealand. His research interests include internet-based knowledge management and the semantic web, health informatics, the use of Radio Frequency ID in healthcare and information retrieval.
- PublisherIGI Global
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationHershey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Science Reference
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1097 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDave Parry,John Ayoade,Judith Symonds
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.