All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChronicles many experiences from the early days of the author's youth, and continues on through the years he served as naval aviator. This narrative spans several decade in times of both war and peace. It tells of many escapes from death, both before and after becoming a navy flyer.
- Author BiographyCaptain Don Monson, ISN (Ret) is a native of Downers Grove, Illinois. He graduated Downers Grove High School in 1938 and later attended the George Washington University. He entered the Navy in 1942 as an aviation cadet and won his navy wings of gold in July of 1943. Following his commission he was ordered to naval air station Miami for operational training. This was followed by carrier qualification landings aboard the USS Sable on Lake Michigan. He was then assigned to Dive Bombing Squadron 80 aboard a newly launched aircraft carrier, the USS Ticonderoga. During 1944 and 1945, he saw extensive combat duty in the Pacific Theater, participating in air strikes against the Japanese forces in Manila, Formosa, Saigon, Hainan China, Iwo Jima and Tokyo. His awards include the distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal and Purple Heart. Captain Monson retired from active service in 1974. He and his wife Etta live in Palm Desert, California.
- Author(s)Donald Monson
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.