Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
About this product
- DescriptionAutocar - The World's Finest! In 1950 the Autocar Driver Cab was introduced, which along with the Autocar Sleeper Cab and the Autocar Aluminum Driver Cab, was used on all conventional models produced until Volvo replaced it after purchasing Autocar. In the 1950s Autocar began what it called Custom Engineering, designing each vehicle to the individual customer's specific requirements. At this time Autocar focused on models for construction, logging, mining, quarrying and oil production, as well as lightweight over-the-road designs. Large format photos with informative captions illustrate all of the major models produced during this period. A brief history of the Autocar company is included.
- Author BiographyAn avid reader and researcher, Robert Gabrick became interested in trucks and all things mechanical at an early age. Since then Mr. Gabrick went on to become a history teacher, researcher, and writer. He has been awarded 26 separate fellowships and grants for his historical research and papers. About his current truck research, Mr. Gabrick said, The subject is really about history...it is important to preserve the history of these topics. His latest books have earned him the well deserved nickname The Caption King for his well-researched, informative captions.
- Author(s)Robert Gabrick
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Out-of-print date11/09/2008
- Content Note120 b&w photos
- Weight499 g
- Width260 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.