All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing the only continuous, step-by-step tutorial for Revit Architecture Revit is the industry-leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, ted for its power and sophistication. This is the only book to teach Revit basics using a continuous, real-world tutorial that covers each phase of designing, documenting, and presenting a four-story office building. Revit newcomers will quickly learn the essentials through concise explanations, focused examples, and step-by-step instructions for an actual project, modeling each step of a real structure from placing walls and windows to creating roofs, stairs, and railings. * Presents the industry-leading BIM software in an easy-to-follow tutorial developed by a Revit expert who has trained thousands of architects and engineers * Introduces the interface and Revit conventions, then moves into modeling a four-story building, showing how to use Revit tools for views, grids, and editing * Tutorial progresses just as a real project would, including placing walls, doors, and windows to working with structural grids, beams, and foundations; building floors and joining them to walls; and creating roofs and ceilings * Shows how to add text and dimensions, use dimensions as a design tool, generate construction documentation, and create schedules and material takeoffs * Explores crucial site considerations, Revit's rendering capabilities, how to import and export to various formats, and many more advanced features Autodesk Revit Architecture: No Experience Required takes newcomers step by step through this leading BIM software with a real-world project that enhances understanding.
- Author BiographyArchitectural engineer Eric Wing is the BIM Manager at C&S Companies, a Syracuse, New York, engineering firm. He is also Director of the Autodesk User Group International (AUGI) Training Program, author of four books, and Revit columnist for AUGIWorld magazine, AUGI HotNews, and ConnectPress. Eric is a popular speaker at Autodesk University and the American Council of Engineering Companies, as well as at industry events and conferences sponsored by the American Institute of Architects, the Construction Specifications Institute, and AUGI user groups. He also teaches BIM for Facility Management at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
- Author(s)Eric Wing
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/06/2012
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight1514 g
- Width187 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine58 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.