All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe use of language is a fundamental component of much of our day-to-day life. Language often co-occurs with other activities with which it must be coordinated. This raises the question of whether the cognitive processes involved in planning spoken utterances and in understanding them are automous or whether they are affected by, and perhaps affect, n-linguistic cognitive processes, with which they might share processing resources. This question is the central concern of Automaticity and Control in Language Processing. The chapters address key issues concerning the relationship between linguistic and n-linguistic processes, including: * How can the degree of automaticity of a component be defined? * Which linguistic processes are truly automatic, and which require processing capacity? * Through which mechanisms can control processes affect linguistic performance? How might these mechanisms be represented in the brain? * How do limitations in working memory and executive control capacity affect linguistic performance and language re-learning in persons with brain damage? This important collection from leading international researchers will be of great interest to researchers and students in the area.
- Author BiographyAntje S. Meyer is Professor of Psycholinguistics at the School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham, UK. Linda Wheeldon is Senior Lecturer in the School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham, UK. Andrea Krott is Lecturer in the School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- Series TitleAdvances in Behavioural Brain Science
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 4 colour illustrations, 47 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAndrea Krott,Antje Meyer,Linda Wheeldon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.