All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutomator for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard: Visual QuickStart Guide uses a combination of task-based instruction and strong visuals to teach Macintosh users how to automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks with the Automator application that is included with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Automator comes with many useful actions for lots of popular Apple applications. Each action performs a single specific task, such as removing an empty playlist from iTunes, or adding attachments to a Mail message. The real power of Automator lies in mixing and matching these actions to perform exactly the job you need them to, in a string of actions known as a workflow. Author Ben Waldie introduces readers to how Automator works, and then helps them assemble and use Automator workflows. This book covers the major updates to Automator that are part of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), including a variety of highly anticipated features, such as recording, looping, and the use of variables within workflows. These features make Automator more flexible and powerful than before, greatly increasing its appeal and interest to any Mac user looking to become more efficient.Both beginning users who want a thorough introduction to Automator and more advanced users looking for a convenient reference will find what they need here in straightforward language, clear steps, and practical tips.
- Author BiographyBen Waldie is president of Automated Workflows, LLC (www.automatedworkflows.com), a company offering AppleScript and workflow automation consulting services to Mac-based businesses. For years, Ben has developed professional automated solutions for companies such as Abercrombie and Fitch, Adobe Systems, Apple Computer, CNN, NASA, PC World, andTime Magazine. Ben is the author of Automator for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard: Visual QuickStart Guide (Peachpit Press) and AppleScripting the Finder (SpiderWorks, LLC). He has also written numerous Automator and AppleScript columns for Apple.com, Macworld Magazine, MacScripter.net, MacTech magazine, and X-ray Magazine, and is the author of an AppleScript training CD (Virtual Training Company). Ben is a frequent presenter at Macworld Conference & Expo and other events, and is president of The Philadelphia Area AppleScript Users Group.
- Author(s)Ben Waldie
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/12/2007
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Out-of-print date12/10/2011
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width176 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.