All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionLester Ford's book was the first treatise in English on automorphic functions. At the time of its publication (1929), it was welcomed for its elegant treatment of groups of linear transformations and for the remarkably clear and explicit exposition throughout the book. Ford's extraordinary talent for writing has been memorialized in the prestigious award that bears his name. The book, in the meantime, has become a recognized classic. Ford's approach is primarily through analytic function theory. The first part of the book covers groups of linear transformations, especially Fuchsian groups, fundamental domains, and functions that are invariant under the groups, including the classical elliptic modular functions and Poincare theta series. The second part of the book covers conformal mappings, uniformization, and connections between automorphic functions and differential equations with regular singular points, such as the hypergeometric equation.
- Author(s)Lester R. Ford
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/11/2004
- Series TitleAMS Chelsea Publishing
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 85
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Weight581 g
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.