All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, which grew out of Steven Bleiler's lecture tes from a course given by Andrew Casson at the University of Texas, is designed to serve as an introduction to the applications of hyperbolic geometry to low dimensional topology. In particular it provides a concise exposition of the work of Neilsen and Thurston on the automorphisms of surfaces. The reader requires only an understanding of basic topology and linear algebra, while the early chapters on hyperbolic geometry and geometric structures on surfaces can profitably be read by anyone with a kwledge of standard Euclidean geometry desiring to learn more abour other 'geometric structures'.
- Author(s)Andrew J. Casson,Steven A. Bleiler
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/08/1988
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Student Texts
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 9
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note70 b/w illus.
- Weight180 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Series Edited byJ. Bruce
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.