All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series, which provides full-color, media-integrated solutions for today's students and instructors covering all eight areas of ASE certification, plus additional titles covering common courses. Peer reviewed for technical accuracy, the series and the books in it represent the future of automotive textbooks. Prepare tomorrow's automotive professionals for success. Automotive Brake Systems, 7/e covers every electrical and electronic brake component found on vehicles today, as well as the practical skills that students must master to be successful in the industry. Written by a service technician and an automotive instructor-t a technical writer-and fully up to date with the latest electrical and electronic brake systems devices and systems used since 2005, the text is revered as the best available text on the subject. Formatted to appeal to today's technical trade students, Halderman's text uses helpful tips and visuals to bring concepts to life and guide students through the procedures they'll use on the job. To keep your course current, all of the content is correlated to the latest NATEF tasks and ASE areas for Automotive Brake Systems (A5), and new or updated information is included on such topics as brake friction materials, qualifying a brake lathe, the GM regular production code (RPO), ceramic brake pads and environmental concerns of copper in brake friction material, the BCM control of the red brake warning light, and brake line corrosion reduction coating.
- Author BiographyJim Halderman brings a world of experience, knowledge, and talent to his work. His automotive service experience includes working as a flat-rate technician, a business owner, and a professor of automotive technology at a leading U.S. community college for more than 20 years. He has a Bachelor of Science Degree from Ohio Northern University and a Masters Degree in Education from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Jim holds a U.S. Patent for an electronic transmission control device. He is an ASE certified Master Automotive Technician and is Advanced Engine Performance (L1) ASE certified. Jim is the author of many automotive textbooks all published by Pearson Education. He has presented numerous technical seminars to national audiences including the California Automotive Teachers (CAT), the Illinois College Automotive Instructor Association (ICAIA), as well as a member and presenter at the North American Council of Automotive Teachers (NACAT). Jim was also named Regional Teacher of the Year by General Motors Corporation and outstanding alumni of Ohio Northern University. He and his wife, Michelle, live in Dayton, Ohio. They have two children.
- Author(s)James D. Halderman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.