All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers readers a basic grounding in automy and related concepts of agency and identity in foreign language education. The ethgraphic study explores how automy develops within the long-term process of EFL and TEFL learning in a Chinese social and institutional context. Through examining the general characteristics and patterns within the long-term development of automy among the students, the enquiry puts under close scrutiny a number of fundamental issues in automy research and practice, such as reactive automy in relation to proactive automy, personal automy in relation to learner automy, other-control in relation to self-control in the multi-control model of automy, and also issues of automy in the transition from foreign language learning to foreign language teaching. The study presents the more describable concepts of identity and agency to investigate the development of automy in foreign language learning and teaching and explores their complex interrelationships. The book finally highlights major contributions and limitations of the investigation, and provides implications and suggestions for theory, pedagogy and research.
- Author BiographyJing Huang received his PhD in Applied Linguistics from the University of Hong Kong. He is an assistant professor in the Department of Education Studies at Hong Kong Baptist University. His research is in learner and teacher autonomy, TESOL teacher education, language learning autobiographies, and identity in foreign language learning.
- Author(s)Jing Huang
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number112
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight570 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.