All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDigitalised learning with its promise of automy, enhanced learner choice, independence and freedom, is an intuitive and appealing construct but closer examination reveals it to be a rather simplistic proposition, raising the following questions. -What do we mean by automy? -What are we implying about the role of the teacher, the classroom, and interaction between learners? -What do we understand about the impact of techlogy on the ecology of the learning environment? This book describes the use of a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) by a group of advanced English language learners in Mexico, comparing what students thought and what they did in response to the techlogy. The theoretical aim of the book is to work towards the construction of a theory of the development of automy and virtual learning in an EFL context. Enhanced understanding about the relationship between automy and techlogy has the potential to inform academics, software designers, materials writers, teacher educators, and teachers and to help learners in their quest to acquire a foreign language.
- Author BiographyMiranda Hamilton is a Researcher in Cambridge looking at Learning Orientated Assessment with a focus on the use of technology. She recently completed her PhD from the University of Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Miranda Hamilton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- Series TitleAdvances in Digital Language Learning and Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.