All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutotelic Architect explores how movements towards more self-initiated projects, greater collaboration and design activism have changed how architects and designers are practicing, as well as the kinds of projects they are working on. Similar to the autotelic self that transforms potential problems into enjoyable challenges, the 'Autotelic Architect' does t avoid societal changes, but instead learns to harness their creative potential. Using new research and case studies from past and present, the author analyses the educational and professional implications of operating as a 'n-conventional' progressive participatory design practice. Drawing on a range of global case studies of pioneering architects in the field, she reflects upon current and future trends at local, national and international level, and additionally examines marketing and practical issues for architects. Illustrated with more than 30 black and white images, this is a compelling read for any practicing architect.
- Author BiographySumita Sinha is an alumni of five architecture schools from two continents, including Delhi, Cambridge, London South Bank, Manchester and Westminster. She has designed furniture and buildings, and has worked and taught in the fields of sustainable design, conservation and planning for over 20 years in nine countries. She has set up an architectural charity, Charushila. She has been associated with RIBA for over 20 years in various capacities, including setting up its equality forum and as a Council member. Currently she is also a non-executive director of Moorfields NHS Foundation Trust. This is her second book.
- Author(s)Sumita Sinha
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 39 black & white halftones
- Weight338 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.