All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNick Holloway's nursing career was spent working in care homes in South Wales. His many experiences, sad, shocking, harrowing, uplifting, depressing and amusing, inspired him to write Autumn's Colours, his first vel. This lighthearted story is set in an imaginary care home in the Dorset town of Dorchester, the town in which Nick trained as a nurse. The people and events in the book are based closely on real care homes, real people and real towns. They squabble, chat, fall out, banter, make friends and attempt to seduce each other - just like people in the outside world. The events described in the book will be familiar to anyone who works in a care home, or who visits somebody in one.
- Author BiographyAuthor Nick Holloway has had a varied career. Born in Cardiff in 1954, he spent his childhood in Binfield, Berkshire, England, working briefly as a postman in nearby Bracknell before completing his nurse training. From Southampton he moved to Wales, where he has lived for about twenty years, working for most of that time in care homes. Autumn's Colours is Nick's first novel and is based on life in a care home.
- Author(s)Nick Holloway
- PublisherMemoirs Publishing
- Date of Publication10/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCirencester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMemoirs Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.