Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionA spellbinding story of a young French prince and a Cornish girl caught up in the intrigue of the 10th Century English Court. '[Anya Seton] brought history so vividly to life' (Philippa Gregory) Merewyn has grown up in savage 10th Century Cornwall; a lonely girl, sustained by stubborn courage and pride in her descent from the great King Arthur. Rumon, a young French prince, has always dreamed of finding the idyllic island of hearsay and legend, Avalon. He gladly leaves his home in Provence but his hopes are dashed when his ship is wrecked off the Cornish coast. Rumon and Merewyn meet and from that hour their lives are intertwined. They make their way to the court of King Edgar and his beautiful young queen. At first they are dazzled but there is evil lurking in the corridors of power ...Stretching from France to the eastern shores of America to the plains of Greenland, the journeys of Rumon and Merewyn make for an unforgettable saga.
- Author BiographyAnya Seton was born in New York City and grew up on her father's large estate in Cos Cob and Greenwich, Connecticut, where visiting Indians taught her Indian dancing and woodcraft. One Sioux chief called her Anutika, which means 'cloud grey eyes', a name which the family shortened to Anya. She was educated by governesses, and then travelled abroad, first to England, then to France where she hoped to become a doctor. She studied for a while at the Hotel Dieu hospital in Paris before marrying at eighteen and having three children. She began writing in 1938 with a short story sold to a newspaper syndicate and the first of her novels was published in 1941. She died in 1990.
- Author(s)Anya Seton
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication22/02/2007
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Content Noten/a
- Weight260 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.