All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTillim's earlier photographs documented war-torn Africa and the people whose lives have been shaped by years of conflict and hardship. In this book he focuses on the structures that dot the urban landscape of these troubled countries. The eighty images in this book from Angola, Mozambique, Madagascar and the Democratic Republic of Congo, reveal modern buildings constructed with illusions of prosperity and peace and then left to decay. This collection reflects the intuitive brilliance that is Guy Tillim's hallmark, tells Africa's story of failure and atrophy, and points to the intersection of present-day Africa with its colonial past in countries that were forsaken in the name of progress and the perpetual quest for power.
- Author BiographyGUY TILLIM has worked as a photojournalist since the late 1980s when he first documented the demise of Apartheid in his native South Africa. He has received numerous awards for his work, including the DaimlerChrysler Award for South African photography and the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in 2005. Most recently he was awarded the first Robert Gardner Fellowship in Photography from Harvard University. His books include 'Congo Democratic', 'Leopold and Mobuto' and 'Joburg'. He lives in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Author(s)Guy Tillim
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note80 colour illustrations
- Weight1243 g
- Width340 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.