All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Irving returns to the themes that established him as one of our most admired and beloved authors in this absorbing vel of fate and memory. As we grow older most of all, in what we remember and what we dream we live in the past. Sometimes, we live more vividly in the past than in the present. As an older man, Juan Diego will take a trip to the Philippines, but what travels with him are his dreams and memories; he is most alive in his childhood and early adolescence in Mexico. An aura of fate had marked him, John Irving writes, of Juan Diego. The chain of events, the links in our lives what leads us where we re going, the courses we follow to our ends, what we don t see coming, and what we do all this can be mysterious, or simply unseen, or even obvious. Avenue of Mysteries is the story of what happens to Juan Diego in the Philippines, where what happened to him in the past in Mexico collides with his future.
- Author BiographyJohn Irving was born in Exeter, New Hampshire, in 1942. His first novel, Setting Free the Bears, was published in 1968, when he was twenty-six. He competed as a wrestler for twenty years, and coached wrestling until he was forty-seven. Mr. Irving has been nominated for a National Book Award three times winning once, in 1980, for his novel The World According to Garp. He received an O. Henry Award in 1981 for his short story Interior Space. In 2000, Mr. Irving won the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Cider House Rules. In 2013, he won a Lambda Literary Award for his novel In One Person. An international writer his novels have been translated into more than thirty-five languages John Irving lives in Toronto. His all-time bestselling novel, in every language, is A Prayer for Owen Meany. Avenue of Mysteries is his fourteenth novel.
- Author(s)John Irving
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Audio
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Audio
- Weight454 g
- Width130 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Read byArmando Duran
- Contained items statement16 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1200
Best Selling in Audio Books
- AU $45.91New
- AU $24.08New
- AU $7.46New
- AU $25.21New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $35.35Trending at AU $36.02
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $44.33
- AU $47.46Trending at AU $49.56
- AU $30.80Trending at AU $33.94
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $49.08
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $45.62
- AU $36.66Trending at AU $38.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.