All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionA timely book on a topic that has witnessed a surge of interest over the last decade, owing in part to several vel applications, most tably in data compression and computational molecular biology. It describes methods employed in average case analysis of algorithms, combining both analytical and probabilistic tools in a single volume. Tools are illustrated through problems on words with applications to molecular biology, data compression, security, and pattern matching. Includes chapters on algorithms and data structures on words, probabilistic and analytical models, inclusion-exclusion principles, first and second moment methods, subadditive ergodic theorem and large deviations, elements of information theory, generating functions, complex asymptotic methods, Mellin transform and its applications, and analytic poissonization and depoissonization. Written by an established researcher with a strong international reputation in the field.
- Author BiographyWOJCIECH SZPANKOWSKI, PhD, is Professor of Computer Science at Purdue University and has held visiting research positions at the Technical University of Gdansk, McGill University, INRIA, the Technical University of Vienna, University of Witwatersrand, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, and Stanford University. He is the author of over 100 scientific publications in the areas of analysis of algorithms, information theory, performance evaluation of computer networks, stability of distributed systems, and queueing theory.
- Author(s)Wojciech Szpankowski
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2001
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Discrete Mathematics and Optimization
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight968 g
- Width166 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.