All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAviation Investment uniquely addresses investment appraisal methods across the key industries that make up the aviation sector, including the airports, air traffic management, airline and aircraft manufacturing - or aeronautic - industries. It is a practice-oriented book where methods are presented through realistic case studies. The emphasis is on ecomic appraisal, or cost-benefit analysis, in order to determine the viability of projects t only for private investors but for society as a whole. Financial (cash flow) appraisal is illustrated alongside ecomic appraisal, as the latter builds on the former, but also to show how ecomic appraisal enhances standard financial appraisal to determine the long-term sustainability of any investment. Aviation is a capital-intensive sector that is growing rapidly, with world traffic expected to double over the next 15 years or so. A great deal of ecomic appraisal of investment projects takes place already, as aviation is subject to government intervention through ecomic regulation and financial support, and as both investors and policy makers seek to understand issues such as how environmental legislation may impact the viability of investments. Both ecomic growth and welfare go hand in hand with sound investment decisions, particularly regarding sectors such as aviation where investments are large and almost invariably debt-financed. Aviation Investment offers all aviation sub-sectors a single-source reference, bringing together the theoretical background of the ecomic appraisal literature and aviation investment in practice. It is written in a style that is accessible to n-academic professionals, using formulae only where strictly necessary to enable practical applications, and benefits from the substantial practical experience of the author.
- Author BiographyDoramas Jorge-CalderA^3n is a Senior Economist at the European Investment Bank (EIB), the project financing bank of the European Union, based in Luxembourg. He has been appraising investments for 15 years, many of which in the aviation sector, across Europe, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Prior to his position at the EIB he worked on economic regulation and competition policy with consultants National Economic Research Associates (NERA) in London. He holds a doctorate in transport economics from Leeds University, and has written a number of papers for academic and practitioner publications on investment appraisal, demand analysis and industrial organisation in the aviation sector.
- Author(s)Doramas Jorge-Calderon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2013
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 12 b&w illustrations
- Weight616 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.