All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis gripping account of the perils of the French Revolution is based on the true story of Grace Elliott, a Scotswoman who lived through the terrors and survived to tell the tale. This is t a good time to be an aristocrat. As the revolution breaks out in France, angry peasants roam the countryside, burning castles and killing aristocrats. If the mob don't get you, the guillotine will. You'll soon realise why you should avoid the French Revolution. The humorous cartoon-style illustrations and the narrative approach encourage readers to get emotionally involved with the characters, aiding their understanding of what life would have been like as an artistocrat caught up in the revolution. Informative captions, a complete glossary and an index make this title an ideal introduction to the conventions of n-fiction texts for young readers.
- Author BiographyDavid Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Jim Pipe
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleThe Danger Zone
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest Age7-11 years
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.