CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the true story of the Hunley, a hand-cranked submarine of the American Civil War which has w been raised and put on display. It sank three times, killing almost everyone who sailed in it - history doesn't get much grimmer than this! The humorous cartoon-style illustrations and the narrative approach encourage readers to get emotionally involved with the characters, aiding their understanding of what life would have been like being in the first submarine. Informative captions, a complete glossary and an index make this title an ideal introduction to the conventions of n-fiction texts for young readers.
- Author BiographyDavid Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Ian Graham
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Danger Zone
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Out-of-print date27/11/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest Age7-11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.