All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1828 and you're a medical student at the world-famous Edinburgh university. You are keen to start dissecting bodies to learn all about anatomy, but be careful who you buy your body from- some people will do anything to get their hands on one! This book explores the body-snatching craze that gripped 19th century Britain, including the infamous Burke and Hare murders. The humorous cartoon-style illustrations and the narrative approach encourage readers to get emotionally involved with the characters, aiding their understanding of the darker side of 19th century science.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied history at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia. She has taught in adult education and in schools and universities, and is the author of numerous books for children on historical topics. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Danger Zone
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
- Reading Age7-11years
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.