All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnton Passauer is a German exile living in Paris during the early eighteenth century. One evening, in a tavern on the city's Left Bank, he meets a young French playwright, poet, and philosophe named Voltaire. Reluctantly Passauer reveals that he is a survivor of the Bavarian massacre at Munich in 1705. Voltaire convinces him to break his thirteen years of silence and tell his story. It begins during the early days of the rebellion against the Holy Roman Empire's rule, when quick rebel victories at Braunau and Burghausen forces the occupation army to react and stop the growing resistance at any cost. The Bavarian rebellion's attempt to take back their country comes to a head in a bloody skirmish outside the walls of sw-covered Munich on Christmas Day. Author Steve Burns infuses this historically accurate yet fictionalized tale with his fifteen years of experience living in Bavaria, Germany, and a passion for history and philosophy. The characters Passauer and Voltaire trade stories, ideas, and commentary that together create a compelling, thought-provoking, and emotional narrative. Through these pages, readers can join the band of Bavarian farmers and shopkeepers in their little-kwn fight against the Holy Roman Empire's occupation in eighteenth-century Germany.
- Author BiographySteve Burns has pursued a variety of careers that have allowed him to travel throughout the world, including military service, commercial driving, professional photography, and marketing. He earned his education in the United States, England, South Africa, and France and has lived in Europe for more than thirty years, dividing his time between England, France, and Germany. Burns maintains an avid interest in history and the philosophy of history.
- Author(s)Steve Burns
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.