Awake: the Life of Yogananda: Based on the Documentary Film by Paolo Di Florio and Lisa Leeman by Lisa Leeman, Di Florio Paolo (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $87.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stunning companion book to the movie Awake: the Life of Yogananda, features the entire documentary screenplay interwoven with over 400 spectacular four-colour visuals, including a considerable collection of rare archival photos of Yogananda. The feature documentary Awake: the Life of Yogananda, produced by CounterPoint Films with cooperation from Self-Realization Fellowship, has seen box office sales surpass one million dollars; a feat that few documentaries ever realise. This companion book presents a visual feast taking us from holy pilgrimages in India to Harvard's Divinity School and its cutting-edge physics labs, from the Center for Science and Spirituality at the University of Pennsylvania to the Chopra Center in Carlsbad, California. Included are behind the scenes insights and commentary from filmmakers, Paola di Florio, Lisa Leeman and Peter Radar, as well as interviews with Krishna Das, George Harrison, Ravi Shankar and many others. AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda - the feature documentary, is an unconventional biography about Paramahansa Yogananda, widely considered the person who brought yoga and meditation to the West in the 1920s. Yogananda made ancient Vedic teachings accessible to a modern audience, attracting many followers and inspiring the millions who practice yoga today. Filmed over three years with the participation of 30 countries around the world, the documentary examines the world of yoga, modern and ancient, east and west, scientific and spiritual and explores why millions today have turned their attention inwards, bucking the limitations of the material world in pursuit of self-realisation. * Beautifully designed and printed in Italy - coffee table / art book format * Over 400 four-colour visuals from the movie * Previously unpublished images of Paramahansa Yogananda shown in the film * Includes the entire screenplay * The backstory of making the film * Interviews with Krishna, Das, George Harrison, Ravi Shankar and others * Movie box office sales surpassed the one million dollar mark
- Author(s)Di Florio Paolo,Lisa Leeman
- PublisherSelf-Realization Fellowship,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintSelf-Realization Fellowship,U.S.
- Weight1 g
- Width279 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.