All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin the human heart exists a universal yearning for peace and happiness. There is a common aspiration for greater meaning and fulfilment in life. In AWAKENING Swami Karunananda explores the wisdom teachings of Yoga that provide a roadmap for this journey. In a clear and compelling fashion, she leads us from philosophy to practice, from intellectual understanding to applying the teachings in our daily lives. We discover how to move through sorrow, fear and suffering and find our way to faith, forgiveness and healing. It is a transformative process that begins with the search for a new way of seeing or moving through life and culminates when we awaken to the peace, joy and freedom of our own true nature.
- Author BiographySwami Karunananda is a senior disciple of Sri Swami Satchidananda, the founder of Integral Yoga, Satchidananda Ashram, and the Integral Yoga Institutes and Centers. With over forty years experience teaching all aspects of Yoga, Swami Karunananda is one of Integral Yogas master teachers. She specializes in programs that focus on the science of meditation, the philosophy of Yoga, Yoga breathing techniques for better health and well-being, and personal transformation. In 1989, she developed the Integral Yoga Teacher Training course in Raja Yoga and, in 1991, Pranayama and Meditation Teacher Training. She has since conducted many workshops, retreats, and teacher training programs worldwide.Swami Karunananda compiled and edited the Lotus Prayer Book, an interfaith book of prayers, and Enlightening Tales As Told By Sri Swami Satchidananda. She was contributing editor for The Breath of Life: Integral Yoga Pranayama and for Integral Yoga Magazine. The current volume is an expression' of her lifelong love for the study and practice of Yoga.
- Author(s)Swami Karunananda
- PublisherIntegral Yoga Publications
- Date of Publication31/08/2014
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationVirginia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintIntegral Yoga Publications
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.