All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaised as a Catholic and educated in the West, then trained as a monk in India since the 1980s, Canadian author Swami Muktananda of Rishikesh is uniquely positioned to bring the Eastern tradition of Vedanta to Western spiritual seekers. In Awakening to the Infinite, he answers the eternal question posed by philosophical seekers, Who am I? with straightforward simplicity. Based on the ancient teachings of advaita or nduality--the understanding that, at a fundamental level, there is division between ourselves and others--the answers in the book are drawn from the many conversations Swami has had throughout the years with individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and walks of life. Covering a range of subjects from the spiritual path to everyday problems at work and in relationships, sexuality, parenting, physical illness, and social injustice, Muktananda communicates directly and compassionately, from the standpoint of someone who is anchored in the infinite but fully in touch with the world.
- Author BiographySWAMI MUKTANANDA OF RISHIKESH was raised in Quebec, Canada, in a Catholic family. Drawn to the monastic life from an early age, he met his teacher, modern-day Indian saint Swami Chidananda, when he was only nine years old. After this meeting, the young Muktananda decided to dedicate his life to God. In 2000, after studying engineering and agroeconomics and running his own company for several years, he took vows and became a monk at the Divine Life Society, founded by Swami Sivananda in 1936. He now lives at the Sivananda Ashram in Rishikesh, northern India, at the foothills of the Himalayas, where he teaches meditation and yoga philosophy, as well as establishing a retreat center in Canada. He also travels extensively and holds retreats in which he shares the Hindu message of nonduality that transcends all religions.
- Author(s)Swami Muktananda of Rishikesh
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.