All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Axis of Glory, Dan Lioy conducts a biblical and theological analysis of the temple motif as a conceptual and linguistic framework for understanding Scripture. His investigation takes a fresh look at the topic, assesses a representative group of the Judeo-Christian writings through the various prisms of secondary literature, and offers a synthesis of what appears in the biblical data. The author tes that references and allusions connected with the temple motif crisscross the entire literary landscape of Scripture. An additional finding is that the presence of the shrine concept is comparable to a series of rhetorical threads that join the fabric of God's Word and weaves together its seemingly eclectic and esoteric narratives into a richly textured, multicolored tapestry. The author concludes that the Bible's theocentric and Christocentric emphases are heightened in their intensity and sharpened in their focus due to the temple motif making its way through the pages of the sacred text, beginning with the opening chapter of Genesis and ending with the final chapter of Revelation.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dan Lioy earned his Ph.D. in New Testament from North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus, South Africa). Currently, he is a senior academic at South African Theological Seminary (Rivonia, South Africa) and an affiliate faculty member at Southwestern College (Winfield, Kansas). His previous Peter Lang publications are The Search for Ultimate Reality (2005), The Decalogue in the Sermon on the Mount (2004), and The Book of Revelation in Christological Focus (2003). He is also the author of The Divine Sabotage: An Expositional Journey through Ecclesiastes (2008) and Jesus as Torah in John 1-12 (2007).
- Author(s)Dan Lioy
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number138
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.