All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionTHE DRAMATIC CONCLUSION TO THE AYA SERIES Aya: Love in Yop City comprises the final three chapters of the Aya story, episodes never before seen in English. Aya is a lighthearted story about life in the Ivory Coast during the 1970s, a particularly thriving and wealthy time in the country's history.While the stories found in Aya: Love in Yop City maintain their familiar tone, quick pace, and joyfulness, we see Aya and her friends beginning to make serious decisions about their future. When a professor tries to take advantage of Aya, her plans to become a doctor are seriously shaken, and she vows to take revenge on the lecherous man. With a little help from the tight-knit community of Yopougon though, Aya comes through these trials stronger than ever.This second volume of the complete Aya includes unique appendices recipes, guides to understanding Ivorian slang, street sketches, and concluding remarks from Marguerite Abouet explaining history and social milieu. Inspired by Abouet's childhood, the series has received praise for offering relief from the disaster-struck focus of most stories set in Africa. Aya is the winner of the Best First Album Award at the Angouleme International Comics Festival; was minated for the YALSA's Great Graphic Novels list; and was included on best of lists from The Washington Post, Booklist, Publishers Weekly, and School Library Journal.
- Author BiographyThe writer Marguerite Abouet was born in Abidjan in 1971 and now lives outside of Paris.The artist Clement Oubrerie was born in Paris in 1966 and has illustrated more than forty children's books.
- Author(s)Clement Oubrerie,Marguerite Abouet
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight839 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.