Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAy e Metin - a 38-year-old mother from Istanbul - decides to tackle the Lycian Way in southern Turkey. She has never camped alone in her life. As she strikes out into Lycia's ancient forests, she is on a quest to leave behind the past. But the Lycian Way is a footpath steeped in memories. Unkwn to Ay e, as she clambers over the precipices of the Mediterranean coast and through the lost cities of the trail, she is walking in someone else's footsteps. 2500 years earlier, when Lycia was an independent state and worshipped the Goddess Leto, the Persian general Harpagos was stomping along the very same road in a bid to take over the ancient world. As Ay e continues her lone, meandering odyssey of self-discovery, her troubled youth in Istanbul re-emerges. But she's t the only one to remember. Unkwn to most, the legends of old still haunt Lycia. Her stories call out to the walkers and shepherds as they climb over her timeless skin. Because time is t what we think it is. The past is never over. And a map can only ever tell so much of what a trail is all about. Based on the true story of Ay e Metin.
- Author(s)Atulya K Bingham
- Date of Publication06/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.