Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.94Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, increasing numbers of people are turning to the ancient health system of Ayurveda to restore balance and well-being in their lives. While it is easy to implement Ayurveda, its concepts and Sanskrit terms are often confusing. In Ayurvedic Nutrition, however, Atreya has written the most accessible book on Ayurveda to date. For anyone who has struggled with one-size-fits-all diet fads, this book offers a welcome relief with its comprehensive approach to nutrition adapted to your unique body type. Beginning with a self-test to determine your specific metabolic and psychological profile, the book emphasizes the importance of balance among all levels of the healing process - mind, body, and spirit. It then presents clear guidelines for choosing foods and making lifestyle choices to support a natural, healthy state and avoid those practices that disrupt natural metabolic balance. Ayurvedic Nutrition then provides a profile-specific, flexible 21-Day Plan to incorporate dietary and lifestyle changes sensibly. Most important, the Ayurvedic approach takes into account the many factors igred by other programs that determine an optimal state of harmony and health for each individual. Drawn from the authors twenty-five years of practicing natural medicine, the book is highlighted by case studies, which illuminate the healing and balancing powers of Ayurveda. From weight loss to the reversal of disease, the programs outlined in this practical and inspirational book will help anyone recover natural rhythms and restore inherent balance.
- Author BiographyAtreya Smith is the author of six books published in nine different languages on the art of Indian medicine and healing. Since 1998 he directs the European Institute of Vedic Studies, which has schools in France, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. From 1987 he has studied with a number of Indian professors of Ayurveda in India. He continues his studies on Dravyaguna with his teacher in Varanasi, India. He has a BSc in Biology and in 2005 was awarded the title of 'Vaidya' in Varanasi for his work in Ayurveda. From 1987 Atreya has been a professional in health care working with thousands of patients in countries all over the world. He currently lives in the South of France and no longer travels much, he prefers to enjoy a slower lifestyle and good, homemade food! Publications list: 'La Psychologie de la Transformation en Yoga', 2002, Editions Turiya, France 'Perfect Balance, Ayurvedic Nutrition', 2001, Avery /Penguin-Putnam, Inc., USA 'Secrets of Ayurvedic Massage', 2000, Lotus Press, USA 'Ayurvedic Healing for Women', 1999, Samuel Weiser, Inc., USA 'Practical Ayurveda', 1998, Samuel Weiser, Inc., USA 'Prana, Secrets of Yogic Healing', 1996, Samuel Weiser, Inc., USA
- Author(s)Vaidya Atreya Smith
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byDr Robert E Svoboda,Dr Robert E Svoboda
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.