All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe B-24 Liberator was the mainstay of the US Army Air Force's strategic bombing effort in the China-Burma-India (CBI) Theatre from 1942 until the end of the war in 1945. With longer range and a greater load-carrying capacity than the B-17, the B-24 was well-suited to the demands of the CBI. The CBI's two air forces, the Tenth in India and the Fourteenth in China, each had one heavy bomb group equipped with Liberators. These two groups, the 7th and the 308th, carried the war to the Japanese across China and South East Asia, flying over some of the most difficult terrain in the world. The 308th had the added burden of having to carry its own fuel and bombs over the Himalayan 'Hump' from India to China in support of its missions. Despite the hardships and extreme distances from sources of supply, both units compiled a table record, each winning two Distinguished Unit Citations.
- Author BiographyEdward M Young received his BA in Political Science from Harvard University and his MA from the University of Washington. Prior to his retirement he was a banker and financial analyst, with assignments in New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. He is the author of several books on aviation history. For Osprey he has written Campaign 136 - Meiktila 1945 and Warrior 141 - Merrill's Marauders. Mark Styling has illustrated many titles for Osprey including Aircraft of the Aces, Combat Aircraft and Aviation Elite Units series since 1994. Now based in Bridport, Dorset, he produces accurate illustrations of any chosen aircraft type. He has created some of the best artwork available to Osprey, and his nose art panels are legendary.
- Author(s)Edward M. Young
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCombat Aircraft
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note80 b/w; 33 col
- Weight263 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Styling
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.